Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Profanity

Are you for Profanity in YA, New Adult, or even Adult? Are you turn off by excessive amounts of curse words in novels today?

I'll be honest I've got a potty mouth and my characters well, they tend to have potty mouths. However after reading over a lot of reviews made for other authors works I noticed there are some people down right offended when a character drops an F-bomb. Says the words Piss, Damn, or even Hell. Now I'm not one to judge for this doesn't bother me. I mean I heard all these words and few others on the school bus at age five. Yes, my youth was forever changed when I told my mother at the age of six "I'm going to piss." Instead of saying I'm going to pee. Soap not so awesome, in the mouth.

What's your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't bother me, if it fits the characters. But there certainly are those who are offended. I don't think it's a reason to steer clear, though. Your book just won't be their cup of tea. It can't be everyone's. :)

    ReplyDelete